One of the great things about Windows is the many ways in which the Graphical User Interface may be customized. Anything from the Logon Screen, Desktop Background, etc. may be changed to fit the tastes of the User. Today, we will be discussing how to change the Windows 7 Start Button Orb.
Before we get into the technical directions, we would like to give credit to Door2Windows.com. Many free tools can be found on their website that make it very simple for anyone to customize many areas of their operating system graphical user interface. They have tools for customizing the GUI in Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8.
How To Change Windows 7 Start Button Orb
- First, download the Windows 7 Start Button Changer from here:
- Extract the files in the download to the Desktop or My Documents folder (or a folder of your choice).
- Open this folder and right-click on the main executable (.exe) file and Run as Administrator.
- Once the Windows 7 Start Orb Changer opens, click on the button that says “Change.” If you don’t already have a collection of Start Orbs, additional Orbs may be found here: http://start-orb-artists.deviantart.com/gallery/ or download our Start Orb Collection here:
- Now select the Start Orb that you would like and click Open. The new Start Orb will now be applied and Explorer will be closed and restarted.
- To return to the Windows Default Start Orb, please click the Restore button.
For a tutorial on manually creating a Start Button Orb, click here: http://www.door2windows.com/how-to-create-a-windows-7-start-orb/
For software to help create a custom Start Button Orb, click here: http://www.door2windows.com/windows-7-start-button-creator-create-windows-7-start-buttons-with-ease/