Wiring an Xbox controller to a USB cable with the Male Terminal is extremely simple. The wires are the same colors, and any wires that are not used should be trimmed back and taped up. I recommend soldering or crimping and taping the wires after they are terminated. After the controller is wired, install the drivers and start playing your games with your new USB Xbox Controller!
- Xbox Controller
- USB Cable (cut in half, saving the half with the Male Terminal)
- Xbox Controller Driver
- Xpadder (Optional – Xpadder simulates the keyboard and mouse using your gamepad)
- Cut the Connecter Terminal End of the Xbox Controller off and separate each wire and strip back about 1-inch of the outer insulation and foil. Strip back each individual wire about 1/4-1/2″.
- Do the same with the wires of the USB Cable, this time saving the Male Terminal End of the USB Cable.
- Solder or Crimp each of the wires securely and tape them off, heat-shrink ‘em, etc.
- Install the drivers you downloaded from the above Requirements section.
- After the drivers have been installed, plug in the controller and wait for the system drivers to install.
- After the system drivers have successfully installed you can use your new Xbox USB Controller.
- I recommend using Xpadder (available above) for most games that require a keyboard and/or mouse. You can map the keys to your Xbox controller buttons and play just about any game you desire.