E-mail is the most popular medium for communication, and there are many great software programs that allow us to manage E-mails including Mozilla Thunderbird, Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, Gmail and many more. For this article, I am going to be focusing on Mozilla Thunderbird.
Upon the completion of a new Thunderbird installation you are ready to setup your e-mail accounts and start sending and receiving correspondences. Throughout the years I have come across several add-ons that I cannot live without, and have recommended these add-ons to friends and customers.
Since I have received great feedback about these add-ons I have decided to share this list. If you find any of these add-ons useful, please share them with your friends and family.
Without further ado, here’s the list of the Top-10 Thunderbird Add-ons:
- MinimizeToTray revived: Minimizes the Thunderbird window into the system tray and shows a Mail system tray icon when you’ve got mail.
- Adblock Plus: Annoyed by adverts? Troubled by tracking? Bothered by banners? Install Adblock Plus now to regain control of the internet and change the way that you view the web.
- Lightning: Organize your schedule and life’s important events in a calendar that’s fully integrated with your Thunderbird email. Manage multiple calendars, create your daily to do list, invite friends to events, and subscribe to public calendars.
- Zoom Button for Thunderbird: Zoom in, zoom out, and reset page zoom with one toolbar button.
- AttachmentExtractor: Extracts all attachments from selected messages and then can delete, detach or mark-read.
- ToneQuilla: Adds a new action to mail filters to allow playing a particular sound when the filter matches. Also includes several sample sound files.
- ImportExportTools: Adds some tools to import and export folders and messages.
- Disable Add-on Compatibility Checks: Use any Add-on regardless of the current Thunderbird application version.
- SignatureSwitch: Switch the signature on/off or choose a new one from your predefined set.
- Google Contacts: Access to Google contacts and synchronize them with Thunderbird address books.
I hope you have enjoyed this article. Please subscribe to my blog to receive notifications of blog updates.